Friday, December 22, 2006

Heading For Redmond, OR

Well, I've packed up all my good glasses, taken the pictures down from the shelf and straightened everything else up in readiness for our latest move. We have had a wonderful summer here as I have mentioned before but it is time to move on. The drafting job that Jim has been working at is in a new field for him and unfortunately those in charge were not willing to put in the time for Jim to learn all that he needed to which just added to the stress he was already feeling. As for me, since I haven't been working I am bored to death! So, off we go.

We will be staying in Redmond, OR near our sons, Jon and Ben and their families of course as well as my sister, Jerleen and her family. Having a couple of months to play with grandkids, etc. means that leaving will feel a little better since we will have had so much more time with them. Then it will be on to Flaming Gorge Lodge in Utah for the summer!

We are excited about this new location! Not only the location but we will be only 2 hours from our son Josh and his family as well as our youngest son Nicolas. This will be our "getting healthy" summer I think. Jim's desk job and my non-job (RV sitting) has not been kind to our physical being so we are looking forward to lots of biking, hiking and of course, lots of fishing.

At the lodge Jim will be working in the service station renting out the rafts, etc., as well as doing some work on the grounds. I will be in the lodge working the shops as well as hostessing in the restaurant. Once we arrive and see what is what, I will share with you the financial aspect of our summer. We will be paid for all hours worked, 40 hrs. per week each and of course our site is included. Should be a pretty good summer.

It's 3:30pm now, Jim should be here any moment and with snow coming to the pass this evening we need to get on the road soon so I'll sign off for now.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! Enjoy your loved ones and please be safe.

No comments: