Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More At Howard Prairie Resort

Well, so far it has been an enjoyable and busy summer. The ice went away, the skies are blue, pelicans are gathering and the fishing is good! Business at the restaurant has picked up quite a bit which helps the time pass. Though I'm enjoying waiting on people I can't say that I would want to do this again. I won't say never because then fate is sure to prove me wrong, but it isn't my favorite job. We'll see how I feel at the end of the summer. The people that I'm working with are great! Really, if they weren't I wouldn't still be here I'm sure.

Jim is enjoying the marina, why wouldn't he, he gets to grill the guests on their fishing for the day....you know, where did they catch them, what did they use, etc., etc., etc. He takes one of the boats out quite regularly and once in awhile I go with him. Today we took both the dogs in a Prairie Bell out to the "Cheese Hole", dropped anchor and fished. Within about 2 hours we had 4 decent trout for dinner and back we came. River does not like to ride in anything with a motor but once we dropped anchor he did actually lay down and sun himself. Harley on the other hand loves the boat and fishing!!! As soon as Jim hooks something Harley is right there whining his encouragement and then he guards the fish once they're in the bucket. Too funny!

We've tried bbq'ing them but we still prefer them rolled in flour and fried in a hot skillet. Yum!!

2 comments:

Susan and Sam said...

Hi guys! Glad to see some new posts. It sounds like your jobs are working out well, especially Jim's. Take care. (By the way, I put a link to your blog on my blog. Hope that's ok.)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good summer. You are so lucky to be able to go to live at beautiful places and to see your children and your grandkids.